Monday, August 29, 2011

Blessings

Have you asked for your blessing today?

Or maybe you feel you don’t deserve it or even feel God has been unusually kind to you. So you think you shouldn't expect, much less ask for, Him to bless you. As fact you might even feel he should ignore you for a while.

According to Bruce Wilkinson’s book “The Prayer of Jabez”, this kind of thinking is a sin and a trap! When Moses said to God on Mount Sinai, “Show me your glory” (Exodus 33:18), he was asking for a more intimate understanding of God. In response, God described Himself as “the Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth” (34:6).

How incredible is that? The very nature of God is to have goodness in so much abundance that it overflows into our unworthy lives.

Jesus Promised “Ask, and it will be given to you” (Matthew 7:7). “You do not have because you do not ask,” said James (James 4:2). Even though there is no limit to God’s goodness, if you didn’t ask Him for a blessing yesterday, you didn't get all that you were supposed to have. That’s the catch – if you don’t ask for his blessing, you forfeit those blessings that come to you when you ask.

I say “Bless me Lord indeed.” I will let God decided what's blessings are best for me. Why? Simply if I try to run my life I mess up and need God to clean up, so it’s about time I just let Him take over it all.

May your troubles be less, may your blessings be more, and may nothing but happiness come through your door!

No comments: